1. What is a coach and what are the benefits of good coaching?
2. What are some of the qualities and attributes I seek in people?
3. What are the qualities we seek to develop or reinforce?
4. What does Speakers & Artists International, Inc. promote?
5. What is Eric Stone’s background?
6. How long do I need to train?
A coach first and foremost distinguishes aspects of the craft so that it becomes:
Coaching lives in the beholder. While coaching is now unquestionably recognized as a valuable and important profession,
education about being coached is relatively misunderstood. To be "coachable" is the essential prerequisite to a successful relationship and overall results.
To be coachable is to understand the role of the coach as well as what is to be expected from the performer, public speaker
or professional individual. A coach draws fundamental distinctions which are then translated into doable and tangible actions.
"You cannot practice what you cannot distinguish."
The main task of the coach is to distinguish with the client, what makes them effective and what does not.
Once that is discovered, the process is then to devise a plan of action to reach the next intended level of effectiveness
or functioning. The more an individual distinguishes about his or her craft the more effective he or she becomes.
Individual trainees need to understand that new levels of awareness come with the territory of hiring a coach,
and one needs to be prepared for some level of un-comfortability and "unknown" before the desired plateau is reached.
We call it welcoming the "new and necessary chaos" so that one's consciousness can expand and develop. The new and necessary chaos gets "reorganized" at the newfound level of effectiveness guided by the new distinctions drawn by the coach.
To let the coach "in" is essential and will ultimately determine the results. That's why it is crucial to understand the dynamics involved in working with a good coach as well as choosing wisely who you will let into your realm.
Goals are reached more quickly and easily when individuals possess a strong personal sense of self.
• A strong commitment to excellence in coaching the "total" human being. Physically, Emotionally, Mentally and spiritually.
• The ability to stay focused on helping individuals gain confidence in their ability through their level of skill and technique.
• A long track record of testimonies, success stories and artistic discoveries by individuals of all levels and backgrounds.
• A special dedication to training and developing first-rate speakers & communicators.
• Coach spent over 15 years studying privately with master teachers or mentors in USA and Europe.
• Coach is a human being dedicated to the advancement of the human spirit.
• Effective and innovative techniques and coaching method based on first-rate acting skills & self-inquiry.
• Clear distinctions which can be demonstrated, practiced and put to the test on the spot.
Eric Stone is the original foundeer. He owes his expertise and particular sensitivity to speakers' concerns to a variety of trainings, experiences and encounters with hundreds of individuals and group dynamics since he began his career as a stage actor in New York City in 1976. Teaching and directing actors and performers was the first step in beginning a long second career as a public speaking skills trainer. Back in 1987, a series of open invitations to work with individuals and group outside of showbusiness was the decisive element which contributed to the creation of Speakers & Artists International, Inc. "The success and undeniable results it produced for people very early on, prompted me to make myself available on a regular basis."
Amy Stone is the President of Speakers & Artists International, Inc. and came onboard in 2015. She's a multi-facetted and visionary guide and teacher. Her talent lies in her ability to focus on the individual's core identity and bring out truth and authenticity.
Before we take on a client, we spend quality time on the phone or Zoom to identify areas of potential growth and breakthroughs. We then determine a course of action, where, when and how we'll work. An outlined plan of action is also created. We get to know each other and talk about trust and coaching. We may ask you questions which aim at challenging and stimulate your commitment to conquering the next level of your development and skill level.
Our coaching is individually tailored. Some people train once a week while others take more intensive training directions. We work with all clients online via Zoom.
Copyright © 2023 Speakers & Artists International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.